1) How to apply?
→ To find more detail on how to apply for GTIME, please follow the link:
2) When to apply?
→ The next application period will start at beginning 2019 and ends on March 1, 2019. Detailed information concerning the whole application procedure and also the required documents will be found here:
3) What are the qualification requirements?
Following, you find the specific requirements for the G-TIME programme:
A Bachelor's or equivalent degree from a recognized university in engineering, science and technology, business engineering, business administration (including business informatics, business mathematics and business geography) or economics, as well as a good previous academic performance are required for admission.
This Master's degree course is entirely conducted in English. Therefore please note that all applicants whose native language is not English must submit a valid proof of proficiency in English, even though English might be an official language in their home country and even though their previous education might have been conducted in English language. Valid means that any certificate may not be older than two years. Candidates must prove their proficiency in English by one of the following tests:
• a valid TOEFL score report. The minimum TOEFL score for admission to TUHH is 90 internet-based / 577 paper-based. The TUHH institution code is 8165, a department code is not required. TUHH does only accept the internet-based and paper-based tests! TOEFL ITP will not be accepted! Note: University of Strathclyde does not accept TOEFL certificates. Students who plan to attend UoS in the second year are required to hand in an IELTS report (see below)
• a valid IELTS-Academic score report. The minimum overall IELTS score for admission to TUHH is 6.5.
• a valid Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
• a valid Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
• a valid “telc English C1”-result
A formal proof of proficiency in German is not required for admission to this program, but a basic knowledge of German will be helpful for everyday life during the first year in Hamburg.
Regarding the study visit at the second-year partner institutions no country specific language skills are required.
4) What is the deadline for application?
The application deadline for W/s 2019-20 is 1st March 2019.
5) How does the tuition fees structure work?
→ The programme is subject to charges (tuition fees). The individual total amount of tuition fees depends on the choice of the second year partner. The following table provides an overview on the current tuition fees.