This Master's degree course is entirely conducted in English. Therefore please note that all applicants whose native language is not English must submit a valid proof of proficiency in English, even though English might be an official language in their home country and even though their previous education might have been conducted in English language. Valid means that any certificate may not be older than two years. Candidates must prove their proficiency in English by one of the following tests:
• a valid TOEFL score report. The minimum TOEFL score for admission to TUHH is 90 internet-based / 577 paper-based. The TUHH institution code is 8165, a department code is not required. TUHH does only accept the internet-based and paper-based tests! TOEFL ITP will not be accepted!
Note: University of Strathclyde does not accept TOEFL certificates. Students who plan to attend UoS in the second year are required to hand in an IELTS report (see below)
• a valid IELTS-Academic score report. The minimum overall IELTS score for admission to TUHH is 6.5.
• a valid Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
• a valid Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
• a valid “telc English C1”-result
A formal proof of proficiency in German is not required for admission to this program, but a basic knowledge of German will be helpful for everyday life during the first year in Hamburg.
Regarding the study visit at the second-year partner institutions no country specific language skills are required.